Saturday, August 5, 2017

This post was supposed to go up 11 months ago!

Good morning fellow BTBs and GTBs (maybe)! September holidays is finally here is over and for once I am actually getting some time off because I am done with coursework for my graduating classes and I am not scheduled for CCA duty. No words can describe the joy of being able to wake up at 7am on a weekday knowing that I am not late for anything. Hahaha. Anyway, sleep is not the only thing I am catching up on this week off. I really need to get back on track with wedding business!

Its been awhile since my last post where I shared with you all that I have finally secured my sanding venue for saturday at The Joyden Hall - which leaves me with catering to settle. To be honest, I have yet to book a caterer up till now (I know, forever taking my own sweet time and then regretting it) but I thought it would be a good time to just pop in here and give you all a few updates on my progress.

Sanding Venue Updates
No, don't worry, I didn't jump ship from The Joyden Hall. Haha. I just thought it'd be useful for me to share some considerations to make when selecting this venue, especially considering all the 2018 bookings and packages are coming up and I am seeing and hearing from so many more 2018 BTBs! Hi guys, welcome to the almost married club!

What I can say is be prepared to book the venue for a LONG duration. On the actual day, eventhough your majlis may only be from noon to 6pm, you need to remember that your vendors need time to set up and teardown. So you do need to give yourself some time before the event starts for your catering to set up, and for you to get ready in the bridal room (you can't use the bridal room earlier than your booking timing). As such, it is advisable that you book the hall starting from 2-3 hours before the start of your event. As for teardown time, I guess this really depends alot on the epic-ness of your decor, but it will probably take at least 2-3 hours to take down as well because of the sheer size of the venue. My advise is to speak with your decor vendor about this to figure how much time they need.  You will definitely need to book the pre-set up day for your decor vendors to do the set up - and because of the size of the hall, be prepared that you may need an upwards of 6 hours. So really, work closely with your decor vendors when settling the hours of booking and be prepared that the cost may go up after you take into consideration all this addition of hours here and there. If you are seriously considering this venue and you need to have a better idea of the rates and T&Cs, don't hesitate to get in touch and I'll be able to let you know more about it!

Other than updates on my venues, my man's side (Sunday's event) has also been on the venue hunt for the past few months! A little background information...his side is inviting a smaller group of only about 300 guests and he's been leaning more towards choosing a venue that provides a package deal as it is definitely easier and more economical. It makes no sense to engage like 7 different vendors in addition to venue booking for 300 guests. After considering a few options, it was narrowed down to 21 on Rajah @ Days Hotel or Desa Kartika.

Our first experience with 21 on Rajah was when I brought my man there for dinner for his birthday last year. They did have a wide variety of food there and the set up of the place was something that I really liked because the buffet lines were in a separate area from the dining hall. It really irks me when I am eating and there are people milling around near me or bumping into the back of my chair! When we met up with the consultant to talk about the quotations and packages that they offer, I was so impressed by her professionalism and warmth. She went through the packages with us patiently and tried to accommodate to all our concerns.

Again and of course, the floor to ceiling walls of clear glass panels along the perimeter (overlooking a garden no less!) won me over from the start. We have only been there at night so far, but can you just imagine the gorgeous natural light that would flood in on a sunny afternoon?! For a place that is not too big these clear walls really expand the floor and gets rid of any claustrophobia or stuffiness. There are doors that open out to the garden for our friends and family to get some fresh air or hang out. AND... if our wedding gets super boring, they just have to walk across the park to Zhongshan Mall to entertain themselves or go shopping. This is SO useful for weddings because, you never know right, when you may need something urgently - bobby pins, safety pins, blue tack, bubble tea, carrot cake, chicken rice hahahaha.

Aside from this, one of the main reasons why this was such a good choice, is because the food is so so so good AND the tables are refreshed by the staff as the guests come and go. This leaves us with very little to worry about on the day itself.

And this is where my draft ended 11 months ago. Haha! Please continue reading my next few entries where I'll attempt to do a major catch up over what happened in the last year. I am just 2 months + away from the big day now!

Love,
Z



No comments:

Post a Comment